Are you getting your 5 a day?
We’re told it’s important to eat at least 5 different vegetables a day plus some fruit.
I use the same approach to training my French.
Spread throughout the day, I try to do at least 5 activities in French.
Here’s my menu:
- active copying
- creating a haiku
- straightening out a grammar mistake I make all the time
- checking the difference between words I keep confusing
- doing 3-2-1 speaking
- trying a crossword
- playing solo Scrabble on my iPad
- listening to the 5-minute Les livres ont la parole podcast
- watching Netflix, such as Lupin, Call My Agent and Marseille
- reading a book, currently it’s Le vol de la Joconde
You can see it includes both focused and fun stuff.
Some take a few minutes while others take as long as I want.
I can do them at home, on the bus, waiting for an appointment.
And it’s painless, personalised and productive.
How about you?
Could you fit in 5 a day for your English?
Need help creating your menu? Ask me.
Sign up for email alerts and get a free taster of how we can work together to get your professional English unstuck.
© Christina Wielgolawski