Grace is a doctor from China now working in a management role in a medical organisation.
- How do you feel about writing in English?
I always try to avoid it. I use the phone or write short emails.
- What’s the hardest thing about writing in English?
It’s very frustrating seeing my colleagues write something quickly. It takes me a long time to explain something in a professional way. And then there are so many mistakes.
- How do you overcome this?
Whenever I have to prepare a discussion paper or report, I ask my staff to draft it for me.
- What are your writing goals?
I want to get promoted, so I now need to overcome my fear of writing.
- What’s your advice for others who need to write in English?
I decided to hire an English coach and that’s working well. She encourages me to write something every day. We’re going over the writing process step by step and creating lots of templates to make writing faster and easier.
Do you want to improve your professional writing quickly? I can help you.
Liked this? Sign up for more.
© Christina Wielgolawski